Sunday 5 December 2010

have i hit a wall today?

Sunday morning.. got up at 8.30.. my maid turned in early to cook.. i hate her.. but cant help it. she feeds me and my husband our daily meals.. so cant fire her..
so i woke up groggy but totally charged up about my Why Emory ? essay..
used some really good points that i gathered from attending yesterday's webinar.. and then by 12:30 pm i was done with the essay and bust.. my shot of energy had been consumed..
two cups of chai had completed their effect and I was completely burned out...
After that I could not do much..
sent out 2 Emory essays for review..
still stuck for a topic for the next 2 essays
will really need to use some time off in the library tomorrow morning..
10 am to 12:30 pm..
as my hubby prepares for his GMAT retake, I cant help but feel that i am pressurizing him too much.. so I have decided on the back off strategy for this week..
Will just gently ask him What's up? and not make a fuss about the GMAT.
He is under a lot of pressure too lately..
So i guess we both deserve to take a chill pill..
Items on my list this week
1. 2 Emory essays - write and send for review
2. rework on the 2 essays that i receive comments for
3. mail the transcripts to Emory, mail the Christmas cards to UK?
one of my recommenders is really unwell.. hope she will be able to submit my reco.. the Emory application is really driving me crazy.. apparently the link for reco is activated only once you submit!!!
that's crazy.. I should have worked on those points as well this weekend..
okay.. so that's another action point for me this week..
btw.. am wondering. how is Kaneisha Grayson's Art of Applying course? Wonder if anyone has taken it? its worth $1000 > .. kind of too expensive for me.. 47K ( wow, that's more than my 2 GMAT attempts + Darden + UNC app fee put together)..
so not worth it , at least due to the cost factor...

1 comment: